Up Coming Reviews


Currently Reading

Coming Soon

Coming Soon

Coming Soon

Coming Soon

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

'In Seconds' by Brenda Novak

What's about?
With her young family Laurel Hodges wants more for her children, but being on the run from a gang called ‘The Crew’ normalcy is in short supply. Determined to settle down for her two children Pineview Montana seems like a great place to start a new life as Vivan. But when one of Pineview’s residents is beaten to death, Laurel can’t help but think ‘The Crew’ has found her...again

What did I think? 

I stumbled across the first book in Novak’s Bulletproof series ‘Inside’ a few months ago and thoroughly enjoyed it. When searching through NetGalley for some new books to review, I was extremely pleased when I saw ‘In Seconds’ the second book in the series. With a fast beating heart I sent in my request, and my journey with Laurel and a surprise new love interest continued.

I’ve enjoyed these characters from the beginning of the series, and loved getting wrapped up in the Hodges/Skinner families again. I was so pleased Novak brought Virgil and Peyton (from book: Inside) back to graced the pages of ‘In Seconds.’ The bond between this brother and sister duo is absolutely wonderful, even from a distance these two characters want what is best for one another and it come across the page loud and clear.

There really isn’t much I would change about ‘In Seconds’. I didn’t feel it had as much intensity as it’s predecessor, but it was still fast paced but in a different way. The one thing I wish Novak explored a little more was the incident that forced the Hodges/Skinner families to leave Witness Protection, instead it just seemed to be skirted around. I wanted to dig right in there, and find out how they were found and learn more about the incident. I started to wonder if maybe it was mentioned in the first book, or maybe I just missed it in this one, but I don’t think I did as skimming over this book would have been crime. If your a fan of Brenda Novak, or great romantic suspense novels, you need to get your hands on the Bulletproof series, they are well worth the read!

How many stars?
















Expected publication: August 30th 2011 by Mira
ISBN: 0778312445 (ISBN13: 9780778312444)
Mass Market Paperback: 400 pages

No comments:

Post a Comment