Up Coming Reviews


Currently Reading

Coming Soon

Coming Soon

Coming Soon

Coming Soon

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

'Fallen' by Karin Slaughter

What's this one about?
There’s no police training stronger than a cop’s instinct. Faith Mitchell’s mother isn’t answering her phone. Her front door is open. There’s a bloodstain above the knob. Her infant daughter is hidden in a shed behind the house. All that the Georgia Bureau of Investigations taught Faith Mitchell goes out the window when she charges into her mother’s house, gun drawn. She sees a man dead in the laundry room. She sees a hostage situation in the bedroom. What she doesn’t see is her mother. . .  
“You know what we’re here for. Hand it over, and we’ll let her go.” 
When the hostage situation turns deadly, Faith is left with too many questions, not enough answers. To find her mother, she’ll need the help of her partner, Will Trent, and they’ll both need the help of trauma doctor Sara Linton. But Faith isn’t just a cop anymore—she’s a witness. She’s also a suspect. 
The thin blue line hides police corruption, bribery, even murder. Faith will have to go up against the people she respects the most in order to find her mother and bring the truth to light—or bury it forever.
What did I think?


What a read!! Of course I’m Karin Slaughters biggest fan, and have no qualms recommending her books to complete and total strangers at my local book store. With the release of ‘Fallen’ my raving has escalated to new heights, and I can’t recommend her books fast enough.

I must admit at first I was a little worried where Slaughter was heading with the Grant County series, because of all the twists and turns she’s taken the series on. She has no fear when it comes to taking creative leaps, and after one of the biggest upsets I’ve ever read, she has done an amazing job bridging the gap that I aIways feared would be left behind.

In true Slaughter fashion ‘Fallen’ is riddled with twists and turns which I’ve come to fondly refer to as ‘Whip and Lash’ when it comes to her writing. So many times--in a good way--I felt like my head was spinning around in circles. In one particular instance I clearly remember gasping for breath, I swear if a picture was taking at that moment it would have captured my eyes bulging out of my head. ‘Fallen’ is fast paced and an intense read and I was totally shocked by the end.

Slaughter has developed her characters so well, that it is a joy to continue to read about them. Sara and Will are of course my favorites, and Amanda Warner is in a category all her own--she’s brittle, but oh how I like her. The depth to these characters make them so real to the reader, and I love getting drawn back into their story. Bring on the next one! As always if your interested you need to start at the beginning of the series with ‘Blindsighted’ and go in order of release.


How many stars?
















Published by Delacorte Press
ISBN: 0345528204 (ISBN13: 9780345528209)
Hardcover: 387 pages

No comments:

Post a Comment