Up Coming Reviews


Currently Reading

Coming Soon

Coming Soon

Coming Soon

Coming Soon

Sunday, June 12, 2011

'Beg for Mercy' by Jami Alden

What did I think?

I've never read a book by Jami Alden before and I'm pretty happy my introduction to her writing was a success! While I managed to figure out the who-dunnit part of the story pretty early on, I was still intrigued to see how this story was going to end.

Megan Flynn's life seemed to be perfect, but when her boyfriend receives a phone call, Megan's life changes forever. Cole Williamson lost Megan two years ago when he took a phone call and then arrested her brother for murder. Now Sean Flynn is sitting on death row, and Megan has done and spent everything she can. But when another victim is killed Megan is determined to find the link, even if it puts her life at risk and brings Cole back into her life.

One of the most enjoyably components of this book was the endearing brother and sister bond between Megan and Sean. While they didn't share many scenes together, the ones they did definitely pulled at my heartstrings. Alden characters are all well developed and I found my curiosity piqued with quite a few of them.

'Beg for Mercy' was high paced and packed with suspense. The dialogue between characters flowed easily making the ending come all too fast for the reader. Alden did a great job leaving the reader wanting more and I can't wait to read Sean's story in 'Hide From Evil' due out in November of 2011.


How many stars?


















Published by Forever
ISBN: 0446572802 (ISBN13: 9780446572804)
Mass Market Paperback: 352 pages

No comments:

Post a Comment